Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Epic Post-Rock Break-Down

Found a rad Post-Rock group from Portugal today called Indignu, this is their track "Choro Da Saudade" from their only album entitled Fetus In Fetu. Waffles didn't have their album, but thankfully what.cd did so I scooped it up off there. It's nice to have a post-rock group that speaks another language. Most of my post-rock library has no vocals but the little that does is all in English. It's also nice to hear stuff coming from a place I don't listen to much music from. I love finding bands from other countries... especially when they are a good band, and relatively unheard of (Indignu only has 1,398 fans on Facebook most of whom are definitely not U.S. citizens), because I love introducing people to new music.


If you liked this track and have plenty of time on your hands, some other post-rock bands I enjoy/recommend are 65daysofstatic, Explosions in the Sky, Collapse Under the Empire, If These Trees Could Talk, We Invented the Night, Maybeshewill, Mogwai, There Will be Fireworks, Three Steps to the Ocean, These Hands Could Seperate the Sky, And So I Watch You From Afar, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Thee Silver Mt. Zion (Formerly A Silver Mt. Zion), and Mono (A Japanese Post-Rock band, not the same Mono I posted the other day which is a Trip-Hop band from the UK). As a side note, I love some of these band names, their album names, and their track names too. Epic epic stuff sometimes, just like their music. I consider Post-Rock to be the most epic style of music. It has such power, such emotion. It can be this giant powerful force that can be soft and soothing, but mostly it makes me feel like I can take on the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment