Friday, March 29, 2013

The Dude Abides.

King Dude is playing at the Casbah, here in San Diego on Monday night. Unfortunately I already have plans and am unable to attend. Really wish I could though. King Dude has 3 LPs under his belt, one each year starting in 2010. I am unsure if he will be releasing another album this year, but the video you are about to see for the track 'Holy Land' was released at the end of last year on the album Burning Daylight, and with his touring now, it's possible he will be too busy. But it doesn't look like his touring is that extensive, so, who knows, maybe The King can pull enough time together to put another album together for us. Now, The Dude is some kind of music. I don't really know what kind. Which is fine with me, because, hey, "Fuck Genres," but really, I have no idea what to label this as, and I laugh at a lot of the things I've seen it labeled as. "Blues, Country, Folk, Neofolk, Americana, Psych, Lo-Fi, Luciferian, Pagan, Gothic-Country" I mean, really? I mean, some of those aren't even genres. Can't we just call it "good?" Cuz I think it damn well is. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment