Saturday, April 20, 2013

Truth in Music

I was just introduced to Mister Lies a couple weeks ago when I attended the Memory Waves Festival. He was one of many artists on the lineup I had never heard of. Later that week I found out he was going to be playing a show here in San Diego, and I actually won tickets to the show, which had xxyyxx headlining, with Mister Lies as the opening act. I unfortunately didn't attend, due to prior obligations. Really hope I get the chance to see the both of them again. They're so early in their careers though, that I don't doubt I will. Mister Lies only has one album as of yet, Mowgli, which was released just earlier this year. The album features eight tracks of ambient, downtempo, electronica similar to xxyyxx, Giraffage, and Different Sleep. This first video, 'False Astronomy' isn't from the album, it's from the Hidden Neighbors ep, which was released last year. I'm wondering if anyone (a specific friend in particular) will recognize the begining of this track.
From Mowgli, this track, 'Dionysian' has a rather strange video.
I really dig the feel of 'Hounded,' also from Mowgli. I love the way the video speeds up and slows down but has a steady flow despite.

No comments:

Post a Comment