Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Art Mimics Art

A couple months ago I got into this artist Marina Abramović. Her story is quite fascinating, and she has a great deal of very moving work. In 1974 one of her works, Rhythm 0 put her in very real danger and gave us a glimpse as to just how warped some humans are. Here is a short clip about Rhythm 0.

Now, you may all be like... what is this? I thought this is a music blog, what's going on? The reason I share this information about Marina is because today a band called Unknown Mortal Orchestra released a video in which they pay a little homage to Abramović's Rhythm 0. I heard about Unknown Mortal Orchestra from my friend Connie just not too long ago, and they just happened to release this new video today so I thought I'd share it with you all. The song is catchy, reminds me of The Polyphonic Spree for some reason. Though the similarities are very minuscule, it just reminds me of them for some reason. At any rate, check out Unknown Mortal Orchestra's 'From the Sun.'

No comments:

Post a Comment