Thursday, May 16, 2013

Genre Naming

So one of the biggest problems I have with using genres to describe this music is I just flat out don't agree with some of the names people use. The track I'm posting today is for some reason considered Glitch Hop, but it contains elements that are so Swing-like, or Electro-Swing in it as well, that I would say it should have a different name than Glitch Hop. But the problem with multi-genred tracks, is what do you call them? I abhor people who say things like Electro-Sub-Glitch-Core-Grime. Fuck off. That's not a genre. I don't mind some of the names that are well planned like Psychobilly, Folktronica, Slowcore, yadda yadda yadda. Anywhoozle. I really dig this track, and as many of you know what I say in this situation: Fuck Genres. Here it is, Varien & Razihel's 'Toothless Hawkins (And His Robot Jazz Band)' one of the newest releases from Monstercat!
Varien (Facebook - OfficialSoundcloud - Youtube)
Razihel (Facebook - Soundcloud - Youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment