Monday, May 13, 2013

Four-Tone System

Last night I had the amazing opportunity to check out a couple local musicians at a small intimate house show/pot luck/party. One of the bands, Taken By Canadians I had already seen before, a number of times. I found out about this little show from my friend Anna, who plays some stringed instruments for Taken By Canadians. I showed up at the event, held in a house in Carlsbad, not really knowing what to expect. As I arrived, Mandarin Dynasty was wrapping up their sound check and began shortly afterward. Anna played some violin for them as well. Mandarin Dynasty, a three piece outfit from Encinitas, California, put on a great show. They're a little indie-rock, and a hell of a lot of adorable. Check out some of their 2011 album, Perpendicular Crosstalk here via Bandcamp. If you dig them, check out their Bandcamp for more and consider tossing them some greenbacks for their effort!
Mandarin Dynasty (Facebook - Soundcloud - Bandcamp)
Taken By Candaians (Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment