Saturday, May 25, 2013

Like Walking Through An Album Cover

Tycho is an artist that's been on my list for a while. My friend introduced me to Sunrise Projector a number of years back and I've enjoyed the following two albums from Tycho immensely, even listing his 2011 album Dive as one of my favorite albums of the year. If you haven't heard of Tycho and/or are unfamiliar with his music, here's a great description I read on youtube: "its like Boards of Canada got high and went surfing," pretty amusing, but I get it. For me it's great morning music. I can picture getting out there on the waves in the morning with the sun coming up and this matching perfectly. Now, releasing a video for an album that dropped seemingly two years ago might seem silly, but Scott Hansen puts a lot of work into his music and it could be a while before we see another album from him. He's also busy with a pretty successful music/concept/all sorts of things blog over at ISO50. Tycho is on the label Ghostly International, which boasts a stellar lineup including the likes of Heathered Pearls, Com Truise, Gold Panda, Dauwd, Phantogram, Shigeto, and many more. Anyway, without further blabbering (I know most of you are just here for the music) here's the "new" Tycho: 'Ascension' from Dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment