Sunday, May 5, 2013

Of Mumford and Bjork

So I've heard Of Monsters and Men several times on the radio... their song 'Mountain Sound' is played quite often. The other day I noticed my friend had posted a video of them on facebook, but I wasn't that pleased with 'Mountain Sound' so I just passed over it. Then I saw the same video again on reddit on the front page and figured I'd check it out since I wasn't doing anything at the time. The video is of them in some kind of music space, maybe a recording studio, or in their home, and features them performing an excellent little acoustic cover of MGMT's 'Kids.' After hearing this, I checked out their full album My Head is an Animal, and I was pretty pleased with it. I jokingly called them Of Mumford and Bjork (Mumford and Sons/Bjork), or Mumford + the Machine (Mumford and Sons/Florence + the Machine). I guess I just didn't like 'Mountain Sound' that much because of how often I heard it. Anyway, here's the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment